BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab does not show in 3D window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I hope you can help me. I'm using AC 13 on a Mac. I've been working on a model the whole day, however now it excludes the 2nd floor from the view in the 3D window, although it DOES show in the floor plan. I have tried a couple of things:

1) not show the layers I've been working on (structure) as I thought it might be an interference issue; NO effect
2) show ALL in 3D; NO effect
3) copy another floor (from the 9th) to the 2nd floor. It showed the copied floor in its original configuration correctly. After this I started to adjust the copied floor to match the original 2nd floor. After the adjustment again the floor does NOT show.

Given the result in 3) I'm guessing it a interference issue. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Peter -
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, it took a long time to test, but it seems to be related to an interference problem with an inclined beam and some of the slab nodes. I switched off this layer and remade the slab config. I then replaced the inclined beams. it now works 😉 Peter
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter,

Slabs and beams will "clean up" intersections if possible. To avoid the automatic clean up (and consequent "disappearance") of portions of elements, change the layer intersection group. You may need to set up a new layer for those instances to avoid intersection, and leave your primary layers alone so that they will continue to clean up.

Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Snap, thanks for the reply. Can you clarify what you mean with :

" change the layer intersection group ".

How would this action prevent 'clean up' to happen? In other words, in what sense would this layer be different from others? Is it a setting you are talking about?

Thanks for clarifying.

With kind regards,

Peter -
adzik
Newcomer
You change the layer intersection values in the layer settings dialog. If two layers have different intersection values they won't affect eachother. See attached image.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I'll try it out!

Peter -
Learn and get certified!