BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab tool label--->Show on Section--->inconsistent val

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have encountered the following problem:
—When I use the slab tool label on a buiding section, the values for the top height and bottom height of the slab are inconsistent when I regenerate the drawing [showing either the distance to zero level (the value I want) or the distance to its own story.

Inconsistency description:
1. I have noticed that if I switch to the zero story plan and afterwards to the section, it shows the absolute height to zero level.
2. If I switch to the roof story and afterwards to the section, it shows the relative height to roof story.

I hope this explanation of the problem is more or less clear.
Can it be a slab tool label GDL script problem?

Jaime Neto
Archicad 9.0/ MacOSX, Powerbook G4 1,5 ghz, 1gb Ram
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Jaime wrote:
Can you post screen shots?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Can you post screen shots?
Here it is a screenshot with a (not so...) short explanation.
e-f_(2).jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just found a similar kind of discussion about this topic:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8181

Is that so that the label tool is inconsistent and has different behaviours in plan and elevation?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The first time I saw this I felt a frustration like you would not believe(if it's the same quirk that I encountered). I called tec support and they didn't help. so i went exploring. There are various parameters that are obvious (layer config, scale, display) but there is one more that is not so obvious and apparently it's kinda a secret. the dim config. under the options pulldown-preferences-dimensions you will see place where you canselect a variety of pre set dim configs, or you can customize your own and save it for variations in the dimensional accuracy in different views. for example you could have one for flpns, elevations, bbuilsingsections details, ect... you get the point. when you create your view with your layer config, scale, display, you are also using the dim config that is active when you create whatever view that you create. heres the where it gets a bit weird, if you are not working through the view using your pre defined parameters (layer config, scale, display, & dim) & the dim config has changed either through you or by switching views and the manually changing the layer config, scale, display this can produce some anomalies in what you see on the screen and what is there. you can check this by entering your view through your view set, and doing a rebuild. also check the settings when you do this. Or it might be something ccompletelydifferent.
Learn and get certified!