Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slanted wall with angeled windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m trying to recreate a model of a house with a slanted wall which is at an angle to the rest of the building. In this wall I need to put windows which follow the slant. The windows are themselves angled at the top. In addition, the windows on the wall next to the slanted wall, should be angled to follow the slant. View the attached image and you will know my struggle.

Img_43EE05F11.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure I follow the difficulty of the first part as standard windows in the AC library, when placed into slanted walls have the option of being vertical or following wall slant; the frame cross-section remains perpendicular to wall slant (as it should, as typical window frames are installed this way).
As for the side windows, you either need to model what you want and save as a window object to use, or use an existing window object that has the functionality you need ( if available)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know the option for making the windows follow the slant, and have used it. But as you can see from this image, the result I get is not what I need. For some reason the windows do not follow parallell to the sides of the wall, but end up at a wired angle when I do this. I suspect this is because the wall is slanted and at an angle to the side walls. Is there anyway to fix this?

In regards to the side windows, I was wondering if there is a function to make them follow the slant of the wall, in the same way you can trim walls to fit a roof. If not, there should be.

Thanks.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I'm not able to replicate the window problem on the slanted walls.
Which version of Archicad are you on
(And please add this to your signature)
Which windows are you using, Archicad or a 3rd party?

As for the sloped wall not trimming the window on the side wall, make a wish if you feel this is an important missing feature.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and thank you for your response.

I'm using ArchiCAD 19, Norwegian version, on Windows 10. The window is a native ArchiCAD window.