Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Sliding Door Not visible in 3D View

Tim23
Contributor

Does anyone have a solution for sliding door panels that do not appear in 3D with Archicad 23? My settings are set to full resolution in 3D view and the door opening toggle is set to 0mm. The sliding panel does not appear in elevations either, only the fixed panel. Images attached to illustrate. Has anyone else experienced this bug? A solution would be greatly appreciated! 

Sliding Door not Showing elevation.JPGSliding Door not Showing Plan.JPGSliding Door not Showing.JPGSliding Door not Showing Info.JPGSliding Door not Showing Info 2.JPG
16 REPLIES 16

"Is it possible the active leaf could be offset or located outside the door frame?"

Is it a door panel you create ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly

If you open a default Archicad template.

Place one simple wall and put this door object in it, what happens?

If it is fine then there is something wrong with your file.

Is the correct library and all of its macros loaded properly.

You do not have similar libraries loaded that may 'compete' with each other?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

The odd thing is that both panels use the same macro, and given it is using the No Grid panel, the same parameters too...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Assuming this isn't a library part error, I notice in those settings that you have a -30 reveal setting, which will bring the window outwards. Has the wall by any chance had "Trim to Roof" applied? If so did you possibly include the window in the Target elements? If so, as well as trimming the top of the wall, the window & the wall will be vertically cut back to the edge of the roof.

It might also be the object has a problem with negative reveal settings.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Tim23
Contributor

Hi All, 
After sending the file to Graphisoft for their team to review it turns out the issue was with a bug/error with a custom door handle that was applied to the door leaf. The error with the handle was causing the leaf to disappear in 3D and elevation. I have removed the door handle altogether and that has fixed the problem. Thanks all for your comments!

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hm... wonder how that works? Did they tell you what the error was so that you can work around it? OR was it just that specific handle?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

I assume it is in the way the door is scripted.

It probably calls the handle before placing the second door leaf, but because the handle fails, the door leaf is not completed either - not sure exactly why without pulling apart the scripts.

That would be my guess.

Graphisoft do love their macros!

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!