Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sliding window with fixed transom?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some sliding windows with fixed upper transom, using AC15 int library that is not an option in W2 Horizontal Slide 15 window , however it is possible to add a sash and control it for W4 Horizontal Slide 15. and I am trying to avoid using curtain wall because I need them to be in windows schedule (with 3d front view). the option I have right now are :

1- Apply fixed window but separate the panels ( the problem with this is that it won't show correctly in plans as it won't be sliding)
2- Apply sliding window and add a frame to show the upper part as a sash ( the problem with that is that in elevation there will be double frame in the middle all the way through the transom).

Any ideas?

EDIT:I found a sliding door with transom, but it comes with sidelight and I just can't turn it off? D Sliding 1Sidelight Raised 15 and D Sliding 2Sidelight Raised 15. any way I can turn the side lights off?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Two things you can do is either use the Modular Joinery Object or in your #2 problem, you could SEO one of the frames so there isn't two frames in elevation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think that SEO would work. it will be a headache in the elevations, and it won't be correct in schedule.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
zeropointreference wrote:
...or in your #2 problem, you could SEO one of the frames so there isn't two frames in elevation.
SEO does not work with windows or doors.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14