Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sliding windows arrow on right

jagber
Booster

Im relatively new to Archicad and I need to create a window schedule that shows the direction of the window opening for a sliding window. It seems like you cant change sliding windows to show the arrow on the right when choosing the single arrow option. I need the arrow to display on the smaller window. The attached images show whats currently happening and what Id like it to show (Ive mocked it up in paint). Is there anyway of doing this?

AC26 AU • Windows 10 • i5-7200U @ 2.5GHz 16GB
4 REPLIES 4
4dProof
Advisor

should just have to mirror the window over the center point to switch the sliding panel side

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Thank you, I tried flipping previously and couldnt find mirror. Ive done this now and it works. I couldnt find how to mirror from the centre point, just Ctrl+M. How do you do this?

AC26 AU • Windows 10 • i5-7200U @ 2.5GHz 16GB

CTRL+M is the mirror command, then you must pick the point you want to mirror about.

In this case choose a point in the middle of the window.

With windows and doors you just need to pick one point to mirror as it will automatically mirror within the wall.

With any other element you must choose 2 points (i.e. a line about which the mirror occurs).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

yeah, flip just turns what was the inside to the outside... doors sometimes need to be flipped/rotated/mirrored to get them to schedule... flip for windows would be to put the interior trim to the interior side, if it was originally placed inside out. rotate does the same/similar thing but does not redefine which side is inside/outside. and mirror flips it parallel to the wall reference

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2