BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Sloped Parking on morph

Johann_P
Advocate
I there a way to link parking to follow the slope of a morph?

I can add a terrain slope in the object settings, but have to manually input and can do so only for a single angle, but some bays require multiple angles in multiple directions.

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I this situation, I usually make the parking marks/lines with walls (yellow surface) and SEO it with the mesh (First an "Intersection" with the mesh, and the result subtract again from the mesh). The same to the numbering with 3D Text.
Hope this helps.

p.s.: I also think that instead of having the ability to slope the plane on the object, it would be better to create a height parameter for the whole geometry (lines and text). With this we could freely make SEO's between irregular meshes and a single object.
Marc H
Advisor
A less precise option (mainly for visualization) might be to create an image surface (from a 2d parking layout) and apply it to a mesh. (Might work on a morph, but I have only created parking lots with meshes.) This might work well for, say, an open parking lot with variable slopes. Not precise because the image can distort a bit as you elevate points. Also, changes to the parking layout would require replacing the image.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Model the parking slabs as Roofs so you can use the Ctrl-Click function to quickly generate all the necessary intersects with precision. Keep in mind that the finishing of a parking lot always involves a certain amount of free-form application to smooth the intersects. Personally, I find it useful for the construction documents (Plans) to show the precise lines of theoretical intersect. I dimension to these points in the Plans for the same reason I dimension to the framing - never the finish materials, unless specifically noted for some reason.
A lot of it ends up as a mesh for the sake of using the Level Dimension and Gravity Tools to show all the essential elevations.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!