BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sloping Curtain Wall Boundary Connection

DGSketcher
Legend
Is it possible to generate an angled cut relative to the CW grid plane within the CW tool for situations where the transom meets the structure at the floor and head.

I know of work arounds using SEOs, just wondering if there is a setting or if a custom profile could be used.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Anything on the ARCHICAD youtube channel with the upgrades to the curtain wall tool?

I've had some quick looks and it seems to be mostly about being able to make more complex grid patterns and such.

For me the curtain wall tool (in ARCHICAD21 and before) is great for early schematic design, but once you want to make things behave in certain ways (like an existing manufacturers system) it starts to fall flat.

I recall there being multiple options for corner connections now, maybe that funcionality will help with connections against other part of the building?

It sounds like the same sort of problem of wanting to have a door without a bottom transom, or a window without having a secondary frame thrown in there.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like SEO's and independent head and base rails is the easiest option with the main body of mullions & transoms controlled by a SEO intersection with a roof object. The roof object can be used to set the edge angles e.g. the mullions (Target) will finish with a vertical cut where they leave the intersection with the roof (Operator).
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!