jrmrt
Booster
First off, I'm on a MacBook Pro with the following specs:
Processor: 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i9
Memory: 32GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Storage: 190GB available of 371GB

I've been experiencing several crashes when trying to extract wall surface area from an existing project, and then trying to create a Brep from it. The idea is to extract this information so to create an energy model, for which we generally only need the mass of the building to the outside face of the insulation (this is for a Passive House energy model). I'm using the Deconstruct Wall and Extract Wall Settings nodes in Grasshopper to get the outside edge of the wall in ArchiCAD, and then extrude that line by the height. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a clean exterior wall face area any other way.

Just running the script that I have described above made things in Grasshopper run very slowly. On top of that, if I wanted to select another wall in ArchiCAD, I had to do it several times for the program to understand that I was picking a different wall than before. Finally, if I opened a window that wasn't already open in ArchiCAD, the program crashed.

All of this is being done with ArchiCAD 23 and Rhino 6. Is anyone else having these issues? From my previous experience working with Grasshopper on a PC, it took A LOT to make the program slow down like this, but now it feels like it's doing it with very simple tasks.

Thank you for any input or help the community can give! Thank you!!
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

I must admit, we have some issues with the connection between ARCHICAD 23 and Rhino 6. Although some of them were addressed with the first update for Grasshopper - ARCHICAD Live Connection add-on, I'm aware that some bugs have not been fixed yet.

To find out which problem you are having, could you take a screenshot of the Grasshopper components used in this case? A video would be even better to demonstrate how slow Rhino is!

Also, you mentioned that there was a crash when opening another window. If this is a crash with ARCHICAD, can you collect the bugID and share it with me?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT