Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Snap points do not coincide with gridlines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why are the snap points slightly off center in relation to the grid crosshairs, and doesn't this generate dimensional inaccuracies?
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you please post a screenshot of the problem so we can see exactly what is happening?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rocorona
Booster
I think he refers to the little dot being not exactly drawn on the grid lines. It has been this way from the beginning, as far as I can remember. I think it has to do with the black&white ages, when we didn't have color graphic cards on our computers, and a little black dot on top of a black line couldn't be seen.
One of the (really) many eccentricities from the ancestry of ArchiCAD

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Thank you Roberto, that is exactly what I was referring to. I always have the (wrong) impression that the element I am placing will originate not at the gridline intersection but at the dot, and I find this disturbing, so at times I simply disable the snap point.

Your explanation about the dot not being visible if it was right on the gridline makes sense. However, a better solution by Graphisoft would have been to make it blink so it would be visible.

Would like to have your inputs as to the accuracy of elements placed using the off-center snap point.
I am ok with it like this. However, it would be good if they would publish a list of these ArchiCAD anomalies.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25