Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Snap precision ?

Hi, I have often problem with snapping when I want to have in angle wall : for example 12° than in some process is 11,98°
It's make me crazy . is there someway how to set precision for example on integer ?

I had to redo many wall and would like to avoid this again

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1188LT8eUVTPQd0D74RzkNgD8n8oCIV-x/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15k0HCHolH4WJHAd2Jcjty2UqbpzePHsk/view?usp=sharing

Also when I zoom to wall i can see that i can move quite a far before a i get 0.01 different number.
It's mean that i can have two lines with 180° from one point and on the and there are totally far from itself.

Thanks a lot for any advice
AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
When you have building in angle - set accurately needed rotated views - and save it in View Map. Don't rotate it manually each time when you need it to be rotated - because this is when you will do errors in precision.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Podolsky
Ace
First the links you are providing need access.

Yes, this is quite problematic with angles and this 0.01 degree problem I've seen quite a lot. Especially it's causing problems when you place your building on the angle - that north would be on the top always.

Good news - you can achieve precision. Just you need to follow several rules:
1. Try always to place your building, that as much walls would be located on the angle 0 and 90 degrees. It's better to rotate the North than always work with rotated building.
2. If you have rotated walls, when you draw boundary line for it, or wall itself - press 'a' on the keyboard - then you can enter exact angle.
3. Also you can rotate the view, following your rotated wall. It's a small button in the lower part of the screen, next to zoom. Called 'Set Orientation'.
4. There is built-in function, that locks your mouse 0, 90, 180 degrees (and additional angle, that you can change). Just press and hold Shift when you draw.
5. You also can use Coordinates and Control Box palettes. To show them use command in menu: Window / Palettes / Coordinates - Control Box. Control Box has special tool called 'Relative Construction Methods'. Using this tool you can draw parallel lines, lines that goes 90 degree to given line etc.
runxel
Legend
Also disable the blue help guides. In my experience they cause great trouble.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Podolsky
Ace
Blue guides sometimes can be very useful. I usually switch them on/off when needed.
runxel
Legend
Podolsky wrote:
Blue guides sometimes can be very useful. I usually switch them on/off when needed.
Yes, sometimes...
I do the same. Just don't have them on all the time.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
DGSketcher
Legend
Or you can just set a long delay for the blue guides to appear and hit "Q" when needed.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Thanks guys , I'm following most of yours advice already.
I'm just looking for how can I fix snapping on integer number : for example every 1° and not get 179,99°
It's so hard and time consuming to write all the time whole number.

Sometimes is necessary to have building in angle
AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
When you have building in angle - set accurately needed rotated views - and save it in View Map. Don't rotate it manually each time when you need it to be rotated - because this is when you will do errors in precision.
Thanks 🙂 Maybe this is right way how to do it
AC 7 - 27 SWE