Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Snap reference circle problems

D_BRANDT
Contributor
Hi,

I've been working in Archicad for a year now, but still find it difficult getting used to the snap reference circle that appears when using a point as a snap reference.
Sometimes the snap reference circle (sometimes multiply circles) is so close to the point where you actually want to move a object to, making it difficult seeing what you're actually snapping to, unless you zoom in a lot.
Can you somehow deactivate the snap reference circle?
15 REPLIES 15

Yes, well I partly agree with you.

The reason I marked is as solved, is that you don't get any closer to a solution, even the solution is adjusting your workflow and get to know the software even better.

You cannot blame the software for being different from others.

But even though, a setting to deactivate the circle would be handy, especially for users migrating from other softwares.

DGSketcher
Legend

Here's a classic example of the problem. I want the centre point of a rectangle so I tag the mid points on the edges and move to the centre point but then end up with an arc which creates a new intersection just off centre.

Perhaps @Minh Nguyen could get a toggle option for the circle snaps added to the Wishlist?

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 11.07.40.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

In such a case, I usually place a Guide Circle at the lower-left corner of the Rectangle, another one at the upper-right corner of the Rectangle, then move my cursor to the middle of the Rectangle. A Guide Line will connect the two Guide Circles and its Half Point will be marked, which I can then click.

MiddleOfRectangle.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend

@Laszlo Nagy  Thanks for that suggestion it will help. I would still like the hide option, the case above is a simple example, in other situations the needed intersection can get drowned out with multiple snap guides, many of which are unwanted circles.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, I understand. My suggestion was for the specific case you mentioned, not to try to imply that the "Hide Guide Circles" option would not be helpful.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

My cursor is not showing the black check or snapping to points while working on interior elevations. I am not able to dimension to nodes or grab corners of objects with the select tool (it only works as a marquee).  It works fine in plan view.  Help, please! This is very frustrating.