BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid Element Operation-Inherit Operator Surface not working

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Greetings, In AC19 I am unable to cause a target slab to alter its surface to match the operator slab's surface when that radio button is selected in the SEO dialog box. Also note that the surface above the operation obtains the operators surface material in error. Is this different than in earlier versions of AC? Please see the attached images. Thank you, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It works for me fine.
They way it should work is all sides of the Grass slab that were cut out by the Concrete slab should inherit the Concrete surface.
My AC19 copy does exactly that.

Are you on the latest build? I am on build 5005 and it works for me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hi Laszlo, thank you for reviewing and responding. Yes my build is 5005 but unfortunately the SEO is not operating as expected. Any other thoughts will be appreciated. Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Unless you have more than one element cutting that (maybe through building material priority connection), I can't reproduce it either. Given that the small edge at the top is showing the brickwork texture override, this is what I suspect (another element is cutting the slab without a texture override).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thank you Erwin.
Update: the SEO will work with the following settings: The target and the operator elements exist on two separate layers, with the operator layer to be made invisible after the operation. If both layers have the same intersection values then the error will occur. If either layer has a different intersection value then the Inherited Surface of Operator will work correctly.
Learn and get certified!