Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid element operations problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I'm a student working with Archicad and it all seems to go well, but now I face this strange bug..

I'm trying to use the solid element operator to subtract a slab from my wall with downward extrusion. I used the wall as target, and the slab as operator and this all works well. In my section there is a nice hole in the wall now, but on the main floor story the wall is still in one-piece! Does anybody know what the problem might be.. I already checked the floor cut plan settings, but these are all good.

Your kind regards,

Dennis

2.png
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I can only post 1 attachment, here is also a 3d view of the scene.
1.png
Barry Kelly
SEOs for walls and slabs do not show in plan.
You will have to fake the plan with lines and fills.

Only multi-plane roofs, morphs and I think shells will show SEOs in plan as these show a true top down 3D view in the plan.

All other elements are simply represented in plan an do not show their true top down view.

There is one way to do it in version 17 though if you use the "New 3D Document From Floor Plan" command when you right click on the floor plan.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your quick reaction Barry! Made my day
Eduardo Rolon
The easy way is to place a Door or Window with the size of the hole and then click on its settings to convert it to an Empty Opening. Then it will show.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator