Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid operation not visible in Plans!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am doing a series of simple operations (subtractions), using morphs as operators and slabs/walls as targets. The results show in sections but not in any of my plans. How can i fix that?
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
SEO's have never shown on plan except for Morphs. Only workaround is to convert to Morph the other objects too with the problems that action brings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Maybe it will be fixed in the upcoming soon-to-be released new versio......

Oh wait......
Never mind.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replying, already waiting for archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There are no changes in this regard in ARCHICAD 23, as far as we can figure out from the AC23 announcements. No mention of any development in this area.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Shell, Roof, slanted Columns and CW (when set to projected) are also projected so will show SEOs on the Floor Plan.

In AC23, Beams now have the option to be projected (in addition to existing symbolic representation).

Using projected method does have a performance hit (needs to calculate the geometry from 3D before drawing it), so will be a bit slower than symbolic elements. Symbolic also uses real arcs/circles for curved elements, rather than projected which will show the segmentation as in 3D.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
TMA_80
Enthusiast
For years, it is nevertheless still one of the most visible "incoherence" in Archicad .
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
seems like a really simple request and SEOs are visible in sections so i dont get why not plans also. Anyway, i would like to avoid using morphs and breaking the parametric aspect of my building. We are building a house made of stone with arcs and vaults and other more weird geometries that occur in our solution so solid operations are a necessity im afraid.
If i used morphs maybe i could build them through grasshopper and maintain everything under control externally? but then i am a bit worried about the classification and the properties of this resulting geometry, because now i still have Walls I can put windows and doors and its all within a controlled system...im trying to understand the disadvantages of having everything morphed. Any tips?
Barry Kelly
papsphilip wrote:
seems like a really simple request and SEOs are visible in sections so i dont get why not plans also.
That is because plans are not a true 3D projection, while your sections and elevations are.
You could maybe try a 3D Document based on a 3D top view, but this will have other issues as you will find - you may not like the way some objects are represented for example.

papsphilip wrote:
If i used morphs maybe i could build them through grasshopper and maintain everything under control externally? but then i am a bit worried about the classification and the properties of this resulting geometry, because now i still have Walls I can put windows and doors and its all within a controlled system...im trying to understand the disadvantages of having everything morphed. Any tips?

I have no idea really when it comes to Grasshopper as I don't use it.
But as I understand it you are not manipulating existing elements in Archicad, but you are deleting and replacing them with modified version.
Converting elements to morphs in Archicad is fine if you are at the end of the design process, otherwise they can be a bit of a pain to edit if you still need to make changes.
It all depends on the changes you may need to make.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Sections are projected from the 3D view, hence they show SOEs much like the tools that Jame's mentioned.

If your arcs are consistent, you might be able to use a custom door/window to achieve your desired floor plan without resorting to morphs or GH.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660