BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid operation not visible in Plans!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am doing a series of simple operations (subtractions), using morphs as operators and slabs/walls as targets. The results show in sections but not in any of my plans. How can i fix that?
10 REPLIES 10
Barry wrote:

Converting elements to morphs in Archicad is fine if you are at the end of the design process, otherwise they can be a bit of a pain to edit if you still need to make changes.
It all depends on the changes you may need to make.

Barry.
ArchiCAD doesn't handle Morphs well.
It brings your program performance down to a crawl - especially the more morphs you have.
So really this isn't a realistic or great long-term solution to a problem of this sort.

Yet another (in a long line of) example(s) of a new tool that Graphisoft introduces, but then don't actually bother following up on to improve or make better or to actually address its shortcomings in follow-up versions.

Consider the fact that we're discussing addressing a shortcoming to a tool (SEO's) that they introduced way back when (who even remembers when they introduced SEO's?), and have persitently ignored, only to have to point out not to use other workaround solutions because of their own (as yet unaddressed) shortcomings and pitfalls.
Learn and get certified!