Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Solid operation tool - with renovation tool ?

Hi is there some way how to use Solid Operation Tool with Renovation filter ?

For example I have existing terrain and would like to make hole with SOT only renovation filter with new construction and be possibility to switch off this SOT

Right now the SOT can't be turn off and stay for all filters

Also I like using renovation filter for making more alternatives and this will be useful know it

Thank you 🙂

P.S.: I know that I can make smooth ground and then hole but this is demands from my boss doing this type of ground
AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
No, unfortunately SEO (Solid Element Operations) do not work with renovation filters.

I am sure there is a wish in the wishes section somewhere for this.

Here is one at least.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=46792&p=321317&hilit=solid+element+renovat...

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Barry Kelly
No, unfortunately SEO (Solid Element Operations) do not work with renovation filters.

Here is one at least.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=46792&p=321317&hilit=solid+element+renovat...

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
I see thanks 😉
Barry wrote:

Here is one at least.

Barry.
AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Our current workaround is to copy the terrain and have a demolished (= existing) terrain and a new terrain (with the holes in place).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
I did the same 😉
Erwin wrote:
Our current workaround is to copy the terrain and have a demolished (= existing) terrain and a new terrain (with the holes in place).
AC 7 - 27 SWE

Anonymous
Not applicable
IMO The problem with the SEO, is that it is focused in the modeling/geometry aspect of the project and not in the BIM dynamics. When you define a subtraction operation, the operator becomes active even if it is hided. Sometimes it is intended, but in other situations it could be useful to not apply the operation if the operator is not visible. Excavations and Infills are a good example. In this case we could have the original terrain as it is from the surveyor and the infill and excavations could be separate geometries that would act (or not) in an specific phase of the project. No duplications of geometry. Does this makes sense?
runxel
Legend
Braza wrote:
Does this makes sense?
Yes, this is really a big issue. Especially because you now have double the geometry... and two different GUIDs.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've never had to export terrain for BIM. I guess one of the perks of living where the terrain is pretty much flat!
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
runxel
Legend
Erwin wrote:
I've never had to export terrain for BIM. I guess one of the perks of living where the terrain is pretty much flat!

There are things, that can be achieved with SEO only, and that not only includes terrain. So yeah, I still think that there need to be another component to SEO, where you can toggle it on and off.

Maybe this is possible with a custom object that get's a switch from the MVO
I need to try that.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Renovation projects are rarely BIM for us. These tend to be smaller in scale and those clients don't really care about BIM. This is more about a functional 3D model.

I find that with careful splitting up of elements and merging them back together if needed (roofs for example) it is possible to have a decent existing, demolished and new output, without having to resort to SEO shortcuts (or brute force really).
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5