BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid operations cut of composite wall type leaves some materials uncut

fnsgreen
Contributor

I am trying to subtract with upward extension a composite wall type (target) using a roof as an operator.  The subtract only cuts some of the elements within the composite, leaving the outside element extending above the roof?  Never seen anything like that before.  The other composite wall types worked fine, but they don't have as many layers/materials.  Has anyone seen this before?

4 REPLIES 4

A picture would help, but I only have that problem if the roof piece is not completely over the wall. I am on v24 tho.

fnsgreen
Contributor

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 1.12.50 PM.png

fnsgreen
Contributor

By high lighting the wall you can see the thickness below the roof has more layers than above.  Here there are about 2 inside layers that are extending above the roof.  earlier it was only the one outside layer that extended above the roof. ????!!!  My solution was to create a separate wall at the roof bearing line of the thinner material used else where and only extend the thicker material to that brg line.  This solution actually reflects the true conditions on the interior anyway.

I'm using Archicad 25 5050 USA on MacOS Big Sur 11.6.8 btw.   Thanks for responding SenecaDesignLLC.

You might find your wall is already trimming to the roof before you do the SEO.

Based on building material strengths the the 2 inside layers are already cutting a hole in the roof.

Because there is a hole in the roof, there is no roof to do the SEO on the wall.

Ensure all connections between the roof and wall are cancelled before you do the SEO.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!