Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Special Door: Fixed & Operable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking for a Door with one fixed & one operable side. The Hinge is also in the Center of the opening. The Attached view is using (2) separate door to give me what I want. Is there a AC0 door object that can do this in one door object?

Special Door.JPG
9 REPLIES 9

Trying to figure this out, in 2022. My current team models two separate doors. I'm looking for better solution, considering Door Schedule miscommunication.

My unfortunate work-around is currently a Door (D1 Sidelight). I have changed the window frame to match my door. The big draw back is I am drafting dashed lines in my Elevation Schedule and Interior Elevation to show both are operational. Also I can't show door handles on my Sidelight. 

Lingwisyer
Guru

Just curious, what is the purpose of the fixed door?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly

Can't you just use a door with a side-light?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@jakubgalczynski1 

I have moved your post from another similar thread to here.

Please try to keep all related posts in one place.

@jakubgalczynski1 wrote:

My unfortunate work-around is currently a Door (D1 Sidelight). I have changed the window frame to match my door. The big draw back is I am drafting dashed lines in my Elevation Schedule and Interior Elevation to show both are operational. Also I can't show door handles on my Sidelight. 

If you want a fixed door, why are you drafting lines to show it is operational?

And a sidelight can't have a handle.

I would add a separate handle object (but why have a fixed door with a handle) or I would use a double door object and draft out the lines that show it is hinged (operable).

I am a little confused at what you are trying to actually achieve.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thanks Barry for better organizing this thread.

The intent is simply graphics and requested by a Principal on my team. An  Office Room has two double acting glass doors total, that both swing into the room. When displayed with office furnishings the space looks tight, although it is not. By having only one door swing, this is more accurate to its function. From a design and composition standpoint we don't want a door with sidelight. Archicad does not provide options per door within an object, similar to that in window objects. My solution ended up being the Door Sidlight object modified with 2D work. 

So you actually want a double door, but with the ability to show one door open and one closed?

Doesn't the standard double door allow you to control the door swings separately?

BarryKelly_0-1649742581483.png

Or is this another USA / INT library difference?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

"The Hinge is also in the Center of the opening..."

I do not think there are any stock AC doors that do this...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

You can fake this using a folding door and overriding the opening lines for 3D. Just means you need to add some 2D lines for the 3D opening lines in a schedule.

There is an option for the folding doors to have the last panel work as a door. If you set it up with a panel on the left and right, you end up with what you want, I think.

ErwinEdel_0-1649750250599.png

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5