Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Spiral Stair

Ghassan Kanaan
Booster

Is it possible to have the same start point and endpoint for a Spiral Stair ? Wich means an angle of rotation of 360º. I tried..it didn't work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Risto22
Participant

Amazing Archicad still making such a crap and havent sold that problem.

it so long time. 6 years for now. To make a 3 floor stairs you have to make 4 stairs. absurd. 😄

You have to hack to make a normal stair.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

No, has to be split into two in my experience

Hmooslechner
Rockstar

Some years ago, i tried to solve this in GDL and it went really far, but i didnt get it to a really usable end, because i wanted to put in far too much possibilities.

But - the "core-idea" of it, in fact -  is working so far pretty smooth and if someone in the world would like to finnish this spiral stair - just jump in and code on it.

AC25EduAut - version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m72g1lwk3kjm34x/spiral%20stair%20german.pln?dl=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iajq_RHotMA

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia

Screenshot (2).pngCan you please explain your method of splitting the spiral stair in order to avoid that gap between the start and endpoints.

Thank you

Thank you very much for that interesting video. Unfortunately the pln file you joined here bugs every time I try to open it. 

I tried to download it for my dropbox like everyone else and opend it from my running Archicad25 Edu-Aut-Version - no bugs - everything ok.

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Solution
Risto22
Participant

Amazing Archicad still making such a crap and havent sold that problem.

it so long time. 6 years for now. To make a 3 floor stairs you have to make 4 stairs. absurd. 😄

You have to hack to make a normal stair.