BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Split level projects and use of the FPCP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given the sloping lots that are associated with designing residences in the mountains, we often have designs that have split levels. I am going to review the ArchiCAD: Buildings on Different Story Levels (which is 3-years old) to get any hints on getting @D documents properly displayed. I have always had a difficult time with the Floor Plan Cut Plane (FPCP) Settings. If you know of any tutorials of documents about the use of the FLCP settings to get proper 2D Documents. I may just overlay the multiple stories onto one layout sheet.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
rgarand
Booster
I do not know of any tutorials for Split Levels. Typically we set up multiple View Maps which are on the same level with different cut planes and then stitch them accordingly in the Layout Views. Cumbersome, but works quite well graphically.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
My advice would be to ignore the FPCP completely! Just set the walls to be symbolic.

FPCP should only ever be used for multi-story walls IMHO.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!