Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair 2D Symbol Pen defaults

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, I found HUGE pen-bug in AC 20. In the stairs tool when you are creating new stairs, when you will go to the Symbol Settings, by the default the 2D pens are connected to pen 23 which is for openings, not for stairs.

I am trying to make the new template file for the company so they don't need to go there each time and change a lot of pens to other one (since we can't just change pen 23 because we need it as it is for the rest of the file).

Please tell me - do you have the same situation guys? How to change it?
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, I would not call this a huge bug.
Unfortunately, I don't think you can change that because it is hard-coded into the StairMaker Add-On. By the way, I check a few version back, and Pen 23 was used even in ARCHICAD 16, possibly in even earlier versions.

The solution may be to set the desired values, create those Stairs and then save Favorites. Then later you will not have to create Stairs from scratch, you can simply apply Favorites.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
But you cannot edit the favorite stairs in the stair maker. Only formal settings. People in my company want to have stair maker menu to use. But since pen 23 is set (in the office) to be 0,31mm and I want all the values inside to be 0,05mm in stairs (beside the season of course) then there is a problem... The office want to avoid the need to go every single time (when creating new stairs) to go to the setup of pens and change manually each of them.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can edit a selected Stair in StairMaker at any time and then you can redefine the Favorite with the changed Stair definition. Why is that not a good solution?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Because you can't edit favourite stair in stairmaker. You must first create the stairs, change all the pens and then make a new favourite.

What typical person in my office want is to use stairmaker without wasting time for setting up the right pens. And we never use same stairs in the projects...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am sorry, then I cannot help you with that.
Unfortunately, I don't think we can expect much development in StairMaker in the future, if history is any guide.
We are all hoping for a new Stair Tool...