BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Stair 3D Textures

Ghassan Kanaan
Booster

Hello everyone , Archicad doesn't seem to offer a way to redefine the 3D texture Origin for the Stair as for the Slabs with  ("Set Origin").

The result is that the texture maps cannot be aligned inside the stair itself and between the stair and other components.

I am waiting for your comments please...Screenshot (29)_LI.jpgScreenshot (30)_LI.jpgScreenshot (31)_LI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Sadly you can't have hotspots in a stair component, as it looks like. 😞

So that idea of mine has to be scrapped; you would need to rely on manual input.

It's possible to edit the "basicStairTread_m" macro and its texture fitting method (right at the bottom of the 3d script).

Might not be worth the effort, tho.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

The components of a stair are actually GDL elements. The "set origin" command is not available for any GDL object since the surface and its mapping is controlled by GDL code.

So what could be a workaround? Probably the treads (and risers) would need to be scripted to allow for a change of mapping origin. I'd look into this.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |

Thank you for your contribution.

Solution

Sadly you can't have hotspots in a stair component, as it looks like. 😞

So that idea of mine has to be scrapped; you would need to rely on manual input.

It's possible to edit the "basicStairTread_m" macro and its texture fitting method (right at the bottom of the 3d script).

Might not be worth the effort, tho.

Learn and get certified!