BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair Landings

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I've come to the conclusion that I'll have to model the stair landings separately.

Attached is a typical US pre-engineered metal stair with concrete fill treads and landing.

I created a landing "tread" profile, including a Horizontal Stretch Zone. Although it appears correctly in plan, I cannot get the landing to fill the "tread boundary".
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
3 REPLIES 3
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Also -- I cannot seem to control the elevation of the beams supporting the landing. The landing "tread" is thicker than a typical tread, yet the landing beams are placed 2" too high. I also cannot get the beam at the right to meet the stringer (the 1 3/8" dimension, shown).
Stair Section.jpg
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I have the same problems with the landing in a more straight-forward stair: landing beams are too high and the rear beam does not meet the stringer.
Stair 3D 2.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Laura,

I think this may be a case for which no option is offered by the Stair Landing component. You can have monolith Landings, but you cannot have Monolith Landings the bottom of which is a Steel profile.

If I had to do this I would probably model it using a Monolith Landing, then Model that Steel Profile beneath it and then use the "Subtract with Downward Extrusion" SEO with the Steel Profile s Operator and the Monolith Landing as Target.

Since the depth of the Landing is not constant, maybe you would need two Profiles for the different depth Landing portions. Or you would have to model it using the Morph Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!