Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Stair Maker

Anonymous
Not applicable
In archicad 12 the option for editing a stair which you have created has moved from its spot in AC11.

In 11 next to the create stair button within the Stair Selection Settings there was a small arrow that looks like a play button. When selecting the stair you have made and clicking into its settings, an edit this stair option was available under this play button.

Where is it now? or how do i edit a stair thats been previously made in Stair Maker.

Thanks
Bry
12 REPLIES 12
Thomas Holm
Booster
BryanRichards wrote:
In archicad 12 the option for editing a stair which you have created has moved from its spot in AC11.

In 11 next to the create stair button within the Stair Selection Settings there was a small arrow that looks like a play button. When selecting the stair you have made and clicking into its settings, an edit this stair option was available under this play button.

Where is it now? or how do i edit a stair thats been previously made in Stair Maker.

Thanks
Bry
Select the stair, open the stair tool settings dialog, click the Edit Stair button. The obscure small arrow is gone, I dare say Good Riddance!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps im missing something because when selecting the stair and opening the Stair Selection Setting dialog the little arrow (topleft corner of GDL preview) IS there and i just cannot find an EDIT STAIR button anywhere.

Please see image attached
stairmaker.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bryan,

The edit button is found to the right of the little arrow, under your big red mark! It changes to 'Create Stair' if the stair cannot be edited, or you don't have a stair selected on plan.

You can also only 'edit' a stair in stairmaker that was custom created. The stair you have selected could be one based on one of the predefined stair library parts perhaps - which you can't edit using stairmaker, only adjust the parameters.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Started a fresh Stair and now seams to be bahaving. Edit stair is now available.

Thanks for the help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Staimaker still s*cks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage's StairBuilder looked fantastic when demo'ed with AC 12. Very versatile, lots of options for railings, tread types, structure, shape of flight etc. And you can use the railings on balconies too. I did notice that the guy demonstrating it did keep one junction conveniently obscured by a section of wall, though Haven't used it myself yet but looking forward to it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Back to the EDIT stair in Stiarmaker problem.

Edit stair is available when a stair is made, however, when i work on something else, (lets say move into section to check stairs with a few clicks here and there) and want to goback to edit the stair, EDIT is replaced by Create Stair.

At this point there is no way of editing my Stair. WHY!?
I have to keep on starting from scratch. I could have done this in 2d in 10 minutes grr.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent. I found a way around this little bug.

By deleting the Stair from the drawing. Re-inserting it, EDIT mode within the properties becomes available again.

One for Graphisoft to sort out i think.

hope that saves someone an hour
Eduardo Rolon
Since I can seem to replicate your problem, just to be sure,

1. Select the stair prior to edit it
2. Verify that the selected stair is not in a locked layer
3. Verify that you are selecting the stair in its home story (select it in the 3D Window) and that it is the correct stair
4. If the stair is one of the "pre made" ones created by GS that you selected from the library it will not have the "edit" button enabled, it will say create stair.
5. That the custom stair you have created is in your "Custom Library Objects Library" for your project and that it is loaded.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator