BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair Stringer with Gaps in it

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Need some help please! Not sure if I have picked the correct forum, but having serious stair problems. I have built a stair that winds up to the second level in a 16 sided building - the stairs themselves look ok, but the stringer in the inside has these strange gaps in it (see attached screenshot).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or what can be done to make the inside stringer continuous like the outside?
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend
This is a well known limitation of the stair tool.
The devs chose the easy way and decided that if the stringer is too "hard" to calculate to just not do it at all.
Of course there is a way and this stair is far from unbuildable (real life).
But, as you can see with the left stringers: even they wouldn't look like that in real life. No carpenter would do it like that.
Funnily enough the method chosen for the construction of the minimum height body is almost always better suited than the actual implementation for the stringers.
My recommendation is to disable the stringers and building them yourself (with the methods a carpenter would).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Thanks Runxel. I will try that.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
Graphisoft really shold program this as a Carpenter would do it! Its not so hard - just get the 3D-Points from the steps and follow them. I have done it in my gdl-stairs multiple times.
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Learn and get certified!