Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair Tool Winder Center Points

toman311
Enthusiast

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a circular-ish stair which has two curves on one half of it and a mirror of the same two curves on the other half.  There's a small straight portion at the start and the end.  So, the whole stair is essentially winders where all the riser lines spring from a single center point.  

I can't seem to be able to find a way to get these winders to spring from that single center point.  I tried adjusting the treads and risers individually in edit mode, but the structure doesn't move with the treads and risers and so it shows through in the model.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to model this stair with the stair tool?  Or am I going to have to model it all out of individual pieces?

I am working on Archicad 23 by the way.

>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

I don't know exactly what shape stair you are trying to create, but have you tried the various curve options in the pet pallet as you place the stair.

You may have to map out the shape and centre points before you start.

Worse case scenario you may also need to break the stair into sections.

This image is far from perfect as I was just drawing on the fly.

BarryKelly_0-1654564449438.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hey Barry,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm attaching a photo of the stair.

I've tried the curved options and I figured I'll having to break the stair into separate parts, but I'm having trouble getting the winders to spring from the same center point despite the stairs curve changing.

>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB