Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Stair shows as a folded plane in 3D

dcerezo
Advocate

I cannot figure out what the heck is going on here. I've drawn a monolithic stair in plan and it shows up fine. In elevation, it also shows up fine, but in 3D, it shows up as a thin plane that mimics the treads and risers. It's also brick textured for some reason. I've tried every MVO setting I can think of, no Graphic Overrides, and still nothing. Can someone help?

Thanks!

ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
17 REPLIES 17

@dcerezo wrote:

Where can I post the video. I did a screen capture, but the video is 88MB.

Any file transfer web site, dropbox, wetransfer, etc.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eiqo18y2cqu7rli/dcerezo%20ArchiCAD%20video.mov?dl=0

ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma

I watched the video - thanks.

I don't have a solution for you though.

So just to clarify what the problem is ...

From what I see you have a placed 3d view on a layout, but the kerb is mysteriously large and green.

You open the source view and it all looks fine.

You create a new 3D view and place that on your layout and it has the same problem.

I am not sure why the kerb (railing) would be showing differently in the placed view just from watching the video.

I would contact your local Archicad support people.

Or if you are happy to share the file I could have a look at it.

Private message the Dropbox link to me if you don't want it going public.

No guarantee I can solve it though - that is why I suggest your local support.

Barry.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hi Barry,

I just sent a PM. Thank you so much!

Solution

OK I had a look at your model.

I will post here so other know the solution too.

3D view on layout shows a green blocky railing.

Open Source View and it all look fine.

I had a look at the Model View Options and the railing is set to show as 'Simplified'.

BarryKelly_0-1645862583941.png

I changed it to 'Full' and then went back to the layout and updated the drawing.

All good now.

What I don't understand is why in the 3D view when I set the MVO railing to simplistic, it still shows as full.

But it affect the view in the layout.

Another thing I noticed (but is not a problem here) is the railing as a whole is set with a renovation status as 'New'.

BarryKelly_1-1645862776443.png

But the rail itself is 'Existing'

BarryKelly_2-1645862998826.png

Just changing the main railing reno status will reset all of the components.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hi Barry,

This is a great help and I thank you for this. I was pretty sure I changed the railing MVO to Full, but perhaps I didn't. I am getting up there in years.

It does give you a fall sense when the 3D view does show the detailed model even when the MVO was set to simplified. Maybe that's why I thought it had to be on "Full." Nevertheless, this is great stuff.

Thanks so much!

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi @dcerezo 

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

I read through what you described in this thread, and it seems like there was some corruption in your project. Have you tried Open & Repair? If it doesn't help, I suggest reaching out to the local support with the file saved in PLA for further investigation. 

Thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello Minh,

Thank you for writing in. Yes, I did try Open & Repair, but that didn't seem to work either. I haven't had a chance, but I intended to create a new file, remodel that curb and see what happens. Thank you.