BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Stair tool ArchiCAD 22 specific riser removal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to customize the stairs with the stairs tool and to remove a specific riser , making the stairs one riser longer.

I need the stairs to be exactly like the one in attached image, but without the marked riser.
I have tried many different ways to do this and haven't succeeded.

If I enter the edit mode, I edit only treads, and the structure doesn't follow.

Milan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the tool and how you set up the rule, certain shapes for the riser are not achievable by ARCHICAD default generation. While it is true that you can modify them in Edit mode, the structure will not follow the change, unfortunately!

The wish to edit the stair's structure has been recorded in our Wishlist database (please refer to it as #11919). Hopefully our Product Development team will consider implementing it in the future!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
Not sure how you would achieve this, BUT have you checked your local codes whether this would even be legal? In Australia, that would not be legal as the winder going must be constant.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
As Ling says, the winder path length should be constant.

Select the corner node of the stair and select the 'Turning Type Options' in the pet palette.

Then set a fixed number of goings and choose how many you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your answers.
There is a code for all risers to have the same length (going), but not for the winders specifically.
I wanted to simplify the question to check if there is any other, more comprehensive way to edit the stairs.

What I need exactly is a landing in the middle, reduced on both sides with one winder (attached image-2d drawing). This type of stairs has turned out to be more comfortable to use than the one with 3 winders instead of the landing.

I have tried using Select segment type and Turning type options, but non of these options would allow me to have the desired result.

I suppose we need an option to set the structure to follow the tread shape we set individually in edit mode.
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the tool and how you set up the rule, certain shapes for the riser are not achievable by ARCHICAD default generation. While it is true that you can modify them in Edit mode, the structure will not follow the change, unfortunately!

The wish to edit the stair's structure has been recorded in our Wishlist database (please refer to it as #11919). Hopefully our Product Development team will consider implementing it in the future!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!