Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair tool and renovation filter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there!
It's my first intervention in this forum.
I have two main questions regarding the stair tool.
1) I have an existing stair whose covering has to be demolished and renewed. The construction filter doesn't permit this operation. How could I achieve this result without demolishing the whole stair?
2) Under the same existing stair there is a plaster layer. Isn't there in the stair tool an option to add an extra layer under the structure?
Thank you to everyone who will answer.
Regards
Alessandro
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
That has been an issue with the Renovation Filter system since it was introduced... There is no way to add / remove individual layers of a complex system...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
And unfortunately there is no option to add a plaster skin under a stair.

Apart from manually modelling it, maybe you can duplicate the stair, turn everything off except the monolithic structure, drag it down by the thickness of the plaster and then do a Solid Element Operation where you subtract the real stair from this copy.
It might work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to everyone.
I figured there would be no straightforward solution. I hope that developers will improve this type of functionalities rather than introducing more new features release after release.
I wonder if in Revit there is much more flexibility in the modeling tools, and I think that Archicad could do the difference if this type of issue will be avoided.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
alesim wrote:
1) I have an existing stair whose covering has to be demolished and renewed. The construction filter doesn't permit this operation. How could I achieve this result without demolishing the whole stair?

You could also duplicate the Stair, then turn off the Structure and use only Finish (Treads and Risers).
So, to implement this Renovation workflow where only the Stair finish is demolished and newly constructed, you could have 3 Stair elements:

1. A Stair without Finishes.
2. A Stair with only Finishes, and without Structure. (Demolished version).
3. Another Stair with only Finishes, and without Structure. (New Construction version).

2) Under the same existing stair there is a plaster layer. Isn't there in the stair tool an option to add an extra layer under the structure?
Thank you to everyone who will answer.

I think this may be possible to achieve using the Archicad-Grasshopper Connection. You could input the Archicad Stair geometry into Grasshopper, then take the bottom face of the Stair, thicken it in Grasshopper, and then based on that, make Grasshopper generate a Morph geometry in Archicad.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27