Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Stair tool/shape

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to change the shape of an existing stair but using the same raill, tread, material parameters? Say from a straight run to an L shape but all other parameters stay the same?
Never have been able to figure out how to do that.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
try this:
select your stair,
ctrl+T to access parameters,
hold ctrl+alt to activate the siringe,
click on another stair type on the browser Library area.

If you are on MAC use cmd instead of ctrl.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
That should work for the tread and structure surfaces, but rail is part of the saved stairmaker object, I believe.

Not entirely sure, because I hardly ever use the handrails from stairmaker.

If there are settings you use over and over again, I believe you can also edit the original stairmaker .gsm loaded in library.

I generally get a stair from a previous object and use the syringe method described above to get all the parameters the way I like them on new stairs.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Tom Krowka
Booster
Ilder, your method doesn't work. However, Erwin, your method does if you have two different types of stair already in the plan. I was trying to do the change via Ilder's method; that is, getting the eyedropper in the stair type dialogue box in the stair tool.

I thought it would work similar to the doors and windows where one can transfer attributes to a different window or door type.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It works the same, but the railing bits are a bit mysterious and not part of the eyedropper method somehow. You can get all the 2d symbol settings and tread surfaces and such that you can setup without going into stairmaker to change this way. At least on my dutch version
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
What????????
Before writing the post i have tested it and it was there, right on my screen.
Today i can't repeat that, my method fails but i can't find the difference between today and yesterday..........It's not Archicad, perhaps my brain has a bug?
If i figure it out i will tell you.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Just to be clear, am trying to take all the attributes from the stair on the plan and by using the eyedropper, apply them to the circular stair. Everything would stay the same from the original stair except for the shape. See pic below.
Stair tool.JPG
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com