BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stairmaker breakline location

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stair maker is doing my head in. I sure when I get it it will be simple but...................I have read about every variable in the stairmaker chart and ....

*******All I want to do is change the breakline location. *******

I found another post and it says to do this: In the preview window ( the one in which you create the stair ) put the mouse pointer on the "cutting line" and there you should be able to move it.

Well I went the ground floor plan (I assume I created it there) and selected the stairs,
I made sure grouping was off incase that mattered.
I even made sure I had selected the STAIR tool in the tool box.

But only one pink (hot) point is available to move the text!!!!!! The rest are black

All other points just move the whole stairs - I must be missing something earth-shatteringly basic
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Kiri wrote:
I found another post and it says to do this: In the preview window ( the one in which you create the stair ) put the mouse pointer on the "cutting line" and there you should be able to move it.
There's your clue.
It is adjustable in the stair settings dialogue - not the actual stair on the plan.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the dialog box, you can interact with the preview picture. Such as in the railing tab, if you select one side or one segment to modify, you can change which one you are specifically working on by clicking on the pic to move the red highlight around.

Same with the breakline. You can move it around in the preview picture.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A picture is worth a(n) <enter amount depending of how desperate you are for a solution> words.
StairBreakLineEditing.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!