BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stairs Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Is there any way you can have a stair with 900mm threads? ArchiCAD does not allow me to have that large of an value. Would I have to make them all separate platform slabs??

Also...can I remove the side parts and just have the steps??

Any help appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The little arrow near the top of the stair dialogue next to the stair name expands to "Edit this stair" once you have one placed and selected. While in the "Edit stair" settings try changing the Tread settings (2*riser+run etc) to really large (or small) values and you should be able to make the steps any size you like. These follow a basic formula for comfortable stairs, so for a 900mm step like you want the values will need to be much larger than standard. And yes, you should be able to turn the handrails / balustrade off, check the Railing Settings button in the same stair dialogue.

Hope this helps.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Stuart means the small button with a right-pointing triangle (see attached image). You will see it if you open the Stair tool's settings dialog.

If there is a stair selected, and it is an object from the included library, the button's expansion will not let you edit it. It will just read "Create new stair" and if you select that, it will transfer you into Stairmaker, where it's possible to make a stair the way you describe it.

If you save this Stairmaker stair, and later select it, you will be able to edit it through this button as Stuart describes.

I think this way we start Starimaker is one of its worst problems, it's like if GS wants to hide it from all but the most daring users.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers guys. Have it sorted.
Learn and get certified!