Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Stamp for automatic calculation all rooms area in apartment on the plan

Andrii Levko
Expert

Hi Community !

Is there a collective stamp for the Archicad INT version for automatic calculation of the area of all rooms in the apartment on the plan, something like TOP Stempel for the Austrian AC version?

Usually I use Generaly Label and calculate Surface Area net, with wall deduction, but this is a problem if I have a coefficient for calculating balcony or terrace area (e.g. 25% or 50%).

How do you deal with it?

Thank you in advance.

Andrii.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Our approach for similar problem: draw zones without stamp and add them up in a schedule that we place on the layout along with the floor plan.

Ussually the required area calculation layouts are separate from the main floor plans and colour coded. By adding the same colour behind the cells of the schedule on the layout, it generally makes things quite understandable.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mathias Jonathan
Advocate

We use a python script that put the calculation of the area of all rooms in the apartment in a property in each room. Then, we use a label to retrieve that value on plan, linked to any room of the apartment.

Capture d’écran 2022-11-18 à 13.59.39.png

Hi @Erwin Edel 

It's good approach, I use schedules on layouts with standard requirements as well, but unfortunately in this case I need Stamp.

Thanks for sharing your approach.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

Hi @Mathias Jonathan 

The result is understandable but it is not entirely clear how it works and how it looks on plan.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

2 Zones, same zone number. The total value property is empty.

Capture d’écran 2022-11-23 à 18.36.14.png

Launching the python script. The total value property displays the calculation.

Capture d’écran 2022-11-23 à 18.36.23.png

We link a label to the zone (normal Label) displaying the property Total value

Capture d’écran 2022-11-23 à 18.37.37.png

Each time we want an update, we launch the script. We can display the total value in a specific Zone with the zone stamp or with a Label.

Capture d’écran 2022-11-23 à 18.38.06.png