Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Standalone Sunshade Protection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I was wondering how can this structure can be achieved in ArchiCAD.

It is a simple sun protection, but no attached to any window or door.

Also here there is a specification:

http://www2.technal.fr/upload/Professionnels/Dumentation_commerciale/Occultations/10T0985_NOTEAL_vol...

http://www.technal-int.com/fr/mensuiseries-aluminium/Les-Produits/Les-occultations/Volet-Noteal/Vole...

I have tried to use the shutter object, but no railing at the top or bottom.

Also I have tried to use sun protection for windows and doors, but there is no way to define a distance between the door and the sun protection.

Hope can anybody suggest me a workaround. Thank you!!
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Section Detail

Is possible to attach some files in only one post? I think it is not possible...
Anonymous
Not applicable
The idea... sun protection is far away from windows...
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Diana:

Without getting into GDL, I think the simplest approach is to use the standalone shutter object and a Complex Profile Beam for the top and bottom rails. The Complex Profile Beam can be as simple or detailed as needed (more detailed = more polygons = more 3D generation time), and one beam could contain both top & bottom rails (the pieces do not have to touch). The object and beam could be grouped to keep them together, or they could be saved as a new library part, but you would loose the shutter's parametric options, so those should be set before saving.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done similar sunshades entirely with profiles. In this case I would use a beam for the top rail and another for the body of the shutter with columns for the stiles (vertical rails). If you do this just be careful to make their layer's intersection priority different from any others since ArchiCAD will check for intersections and this can slow things down quite a bit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David and Matthew for your replies. 🙂

Just wondering if it is possible to change in shutter object the distance between rails... ?

Thank you.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Diana:

I looked at the code for the Shutter Rectangular 14 object, and the distance between louvers is the same as the louvre depth, so there is no individual adjustment for this distance. Since the same distance is used for both in the code, it is not a simple task to add another parameter for the distance between louvers without rewriting other parts of the code. If all the sunshades you are using are the same, and it is important that they exactly show as per the manufacturer's details, then you would need to create your own library part from the ArchiCAD tools, following Matthew's advice or perhaps a slab with a bunch of holes.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David,

Following your advice, I have managed to get the shutter I need.

I have used also a predefined light steel beam, and seems enough for a 1:300 scale 🙂

Thank you all for your replies.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Diana:

Glad to read you arrived at an acceptable solution, thanks for letting us know.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!