BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Step up

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Kindly advice me on how i can create the step in the attached photo, i coudn't find a custom staircase that fit to it, also i have try using create a stairs option (a sub menu in menu>edit path, i:e the fill/line tool) available in Archicad Ver 8, though i can't find it in version 11 as at the time i am sending this mail, but i am sure it's somewhere , i'll look for it)
i can use straight flight stairs option to create the stretch part but what about the corners ?

Need Imput Plz

Femi
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it was me, I would just use 4 slabs to create those stairs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea,

that option came up, but i need to cut a section that show accurately the profile of the step.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How complex is the profile of the steps ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not possible with Create Stair Using Selection (Design menu). Complex Profiles would do the trick.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"femi" wrote:
Yea,"profile of the step".

what i mean is that, what you get when you cut through across the step using a vertical plain, i:e the sloppy gradient a step or stairs possess naturally,
I might not get this when i use a slab to achieve the steps most especially the corners.

Plz give me a clue how i can use complex profile to achieve it

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
femi wrote:
Plz give me a clue how i can use complex profile to achieve it
Simple. Draw the sectional profile of the stairs in the profile manager window, set materials etc, assign profile to a wall, draw wall around the edge of a slab.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can do that with slabs, too, then you won't end up with an extra line in plan. 1 slab for the projecting tread, one slab for the riser (on a layer turned off in plan view). If they have the same fill they will clean up in section. If you want a slope to the underside use a roof and SEO Subtract (turn the roof off)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Pete,

In the interim i have created a steps using the slab tool and drew a line to enable me trim the slab to (at the corners to follow the right angle edge of the lowest step) slant at the edge on floor plan, then make another copy and group them together in opposite direction to form 90 degrees corner.though ,i should be more accurate. but...............
I drew the profile of the step all right and assign it to a wall tool but i didn't get what you mean by "draw wall around the edge of a slab"
i try drawing a slab first and then draw the profile wall i created at a slant angle to achieve the corners (this didn't give me the right representation),since what i have as a profile is a continuous stretch of steps which i can achive using custom stair tool , kindly throw more light on this.
as the profile manager does not capture slabs

s2art, i am working on your suggestion.

Thank you

Femi
Learn and get certified!