Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Steps texture mapping

JohnJay
Expert

is there a way to adjust the texture origin for each step?

each step should have 2 whole tiles and they should 2 different tiles on each step

Clipboard01.jpg

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
4 REPLIES 4
Tim Ball
Expert

Yes you can pick the origin of the texture to suit

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
mi_jan
Enthusiast

If you have modeled it with the stair tool; I don't think you can use the "Align 3D Texture" function on stairs.

In the Stair Settings; If you currently have the stair as a monolithic structure, you might need to turn on the FINISH. Under the "Finish" Tab set the "Flight finish" to "Tread and Riser", and apply the surface to the "Flight - Tread". By doing this it applies the surface to each individual Tread instead of applying it to the whole monolithic stair object. This should work as long as each tile measures the same or more than your tread depth in the surface that you are using. 

If that fails it means that the size of the surface you are using makes it where each tile is smaller than your treads, to fix it; You're going to have to make a duplicate of your floor surface and modify the "Vertical Size" under the TEXTURE tab of the surface window so that each tile measures the same as your tread / "Run depth". 

iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build

You are right that the align texture doesn't work on the stair tool. You could use a complex profile instead, that would allow control of the alignment of the texture.

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
JohnJay
Expert

Adding a tread finish changes the mapping but makes each step identical, so it's no use in this case.

In the end I converted to Morph and made the changes but that's hardly ideal, especially if I need to make further changes

Add tread finish - all the sameAdd tread finish - all the sameClipboard01b.jpg

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10