Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Story Markers

Karl Griffith
Booster
To meet a clients graphic standards, I need to set up my story level lines so the marker is on the outer most end of the line, away from the section. I don't see a way to do this - the marker appears first, next to the section, then the text. I need the text first, then the marker.

I tried to open the story maker object thinking I might edit it, but I don't see where it is available in the ArchiCAD 21 Library.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
8 REPLIES 8
alemanda
Advocate
have you tried this?
https://www.indigofigs.com/story-marker/
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Karl Griffith
Booster
Just tried it - I think it would work graphically, but somehow it was not aligning properly with the stories in the project - the roof line was going through the middle of the top story.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karl wrote:
I tried to open the story maker object thinking I might edit it, but I don't see where it is available in the ArchiCAD 21 Library.
Use the Open Object by Subtype... command, then navigate to General GDL Object > Documentation Element > Drawing Symbol > Marker > Story Marker > Built-in Story Marker. It looks like the standard marker is close: set the Text Settings > Alignment to Outside, then if the parameter Marker > Story Name Placeholder could be a negative number (it is currently restricted to => 0), then the text could be inside the marker.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Griffith
Booster
David wrote:
Karl wrote:
Use the Open Object by Subtype... command, then navigate to General GDL Object > Documentation Element > Drawing Symbol > Marker > Story Marker > Built-in Story Marker. It looks like the standard marker is close: set the Text Settings > Alignment to Outside, then if the parameter Marker > Story Name Placeholder could be a negative number (it is currently restricted to => 0), then the text could be inside the marker.

David
Thank you - I'll give it a try.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Karl Griffith
Booster
Got it. Had to move the marker, as Story Name Placeholder was tied into other calculation that probably would have made a mess if the value was negative. Then it was a matter of getting the marker settings set right so the marker aligned (I clearly would need to make other changes in GDL to have it work with any setting, but this is adequate for what I need).

Thanks again. Finding the 'Open Object by Subtype' was what was stopping me. I guess it's only on the GDL toolbar. Once I knew what to look for, I found it.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karl:

I'm glad you were able to get the result you needed, thanks for posting back.

I see that the Open Object by Subtype... command is not part of the Menus in the standard Work Environment, so you would need to add it, I have it next to the Open Object... command. It is the only way to access the built-in library parts.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Lingwisyer
Guru
There were some lines within the default Marker object that mirrored the marker position depending on the side of the drawing it was on, along with an option to set to default marker position between left, centre and right. Can't remember where the mirror bit was but the default alignment was at the start of the Master and 2D script.

Regards,

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you open the 2D script for the default marker, you'll find a whole section in the bottom half that flips the marker position between inside and outside as well as moves the related hotspots and their relations.

Ling.

ps. It would appear that this section doesn't include inverting the text alignment.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660