BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Strange elliptical fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to cut a elliptical hole in the filled shape at the bottom of the screenshot, but when i try filling the ellipse with the magic wand it does a circular fill?? I have tried several different sized ellipses as shown and it seems random if they fill correctly. Am i missing something obvious??

Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 11.01.15.png
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works for me. What version of Archicad? And what size are your shapes? If they are very small there may be a problem with accuracy.
Barry Kelly
Are you magic wanding on the perimeter of the ellipse or in the centre of the ellipse?
If on the edge then you may be accidentally clicking in the circle and not actually on the edge.

Is the ellipse a reall ellipse or a series of lines?
If lines maybe there is a small gap that the magic wand fill will leak through into the circle.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
As shown in the screenshot the shape is 150mm which i don't think should have a issue with being too small as i have accurately modeled stuff much smaller. I am using AC14 3862 build on a macbook pro 2.66 Intel core 2 duo 4gb ram (must put this info on signature!!) I am clicking in the centre of the ellipse with the magic wand and it is a proper ellipse drawn with the arc/circle tool. Have tried drawing loads of these ellipses and i can't figure out why some fill properly fill and others don't but every time i draw the correct sized one i want for the cut out it fills a circle and i get the polygon error msg
Screen shot 2011-06-03 at 10.20.27.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could it be a magic wand settings issue?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the magic wand on the perimeter of the ellipse, rather than in the centre.
Learn and get certified!