Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Strange stair interaction with model

Karl Griffith
Booster
Using 21, and the new stair tool, I am getting strange shapes when hotlinking the building file into another file. Changing Layer intersection priority does stop it, but not predictably. Any ideas what is going on?
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
No idea, but the design sure does look ambitious now
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hey Karl,

We have looked at your files, and found that the problems are caused by Stair Stringers and Railings with Complex Profile shapes.

The issue is that at some point there was a Complex Profile set for these elements, but since these profiles must have been removed, because the profiles used in them are "MISSING". You can quickly fix that for yourself.

In one of the Stairs, the Stringers are turned on, but they are not visible in the 3D model anyway. If you really don't need them, you can just turn them off.
In one of the Railings, the Rail End of the Toprail is also set to Profiled with a Missing Profile, but it is set to 0 length anyway. Here you can just change the Rail End to a non-profiled type, or replace the Profile (it doesn't matter, since it is not visible anyways). I have attached pictures of these.

Of course, just because the Profile is Missing, it shouldn't use random Profiles in random Positions when Hotlinked. This is a bug, so we are working on solving that issue.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The Stringer Profile Settings.
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Karl Griffith
Booster
Thank you for looking at this. As I was just trying to set up a very simple stair, I didn't pay too much attention to the details. And, of course, I'm still learning the new stair/railing tools...
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10