Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Stretch vs. parameters script

piton
Newcomer
Hi all, I hope someone can help me out.

I made a script for a 2D geometric problem.
It has parameters computed from the bounding box's A, B size. The calculation is done in the Parameters script.
I want to make it stretchy, but with the Edit->...->Resize command this strange thing happens: the bounding box resizes, in the info box the A, B parameters are updated, but the 2D is not redrawn. Only bringing up properties and OK-ing it redraws the 2D correctly.
When I resize with dragging with the mouse, everything is perfect.

Is this a bug or is something wrong with my understanding of the GDL program flow? Is there a resource that clarifies it?
I'm using Archicad 14 4044.

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
This seems related to this:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=196439#196439

Apparently, 15 has a problem updating the 2D display for objects after an Edit > Resize

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
piton
Newcomer
piton wrote:
Hi all, I hope someone can help me out.
Is this a bug or is something wrong with my understanding of the GDL program flow?
With the help of GS it turned out to be a GDL programming error.

The calculations need to be placed in the Master Script (parameters script isn't executed after resize).
The tricky part is to set the parameters for the GDL and for the USER too.

B = something  !for GDL
PARAMETERS B=B !for USER
piton
Newcomer
I am attaching the modified object based on the brief comment below.
The total solution involves that I change only the parameters that need to be changed: in a very complicated way PARAMETERS A=a when A already was equal to a caused another strange behaviour, drawing and displaying the parameters correctly, but incorrectly during hotspot editing.
So it is good practice, that when you have parameters dependent on eachother, the way of the dependence selected by GLOB_MODPAR_NAME, to change as few parameters as needed.

An interesting thing is that GLOB_MODPAR_NAME is valid in the master script too.