Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Stretchy angle hotspots in 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a tad confused about how the angled 2D moving hotspots work.

After reading the manual about 100 times and randomly putting in numbers i got them to work but I have a few questions.

1. in the manual it states you need four points then they only show 3 in the example. Their example works when put into an object. I put 3 in mine, it worked, in fact I can't figure out what the last one does ( 7 ).

2. How, if possible, can I get the angle (in the a coordinate box) to be from the vertical ie 90 and not from the drawing 0. (does that make sense?). At the moment the angle in the pallet is different from the angle in the coordinate box. Or is this what reference 7 does?

3. Is it normal for your computer to crash every 10 mins while playing with angles.

I am using V8.3 with XP

This is a copy of part of the script (a set of drawers), the reference line is vertical, the angle is positive anticlockwise & negative clockwise, the centre is at the bottom corner.

hotspot2 -a*.5,b,31,ang_left,4 !base
hotspot2 -a*.5-b/tan(90-ang_left),b,32,ang_left,5 !moving
hotspot2 -a*.5,0,33,ang_left,6 !center
hotspot2 -a*.5,b,34,ang_left,7 !reference

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
rocorona
Booster
1. You need 4 hotspots when defining an angle in the 3D space, and only 3 on the 2D plane. the 4th define the "top" direction (positive Z axis).

2. Not sure. Did you try putting a ROT2 before the HOTSPOT2 group (followed by a DEL 1, of course) to conform your figures to those on the Coord Box ?

3. No

--Roberto--

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Julia,

something in your GDL script is wrong, you have to script something like the following:

HOTSPOT2 0, 0, 1, angle, 6 ! This is the center
HOTSPOT2 0, R, 2, angle, 4 ! This is the reference
HOTSPOT2 R*COS(angle+90), R*SIN(angle+90), 3, angle, 5 ! This is moving hotspot

The first hotspot (type 6) must describe the coordinates of the center.
The second one (type 4) is the reference that means the point from which the values start (you are looking for a reference that lies on 90° that means it has X=0 and Y=radius).
The last one, the moving hotspot (type 5) must run around the circle (which radius is indicated by the parameter R in my example) so you have to use COS & SIN to describe its position. In your case (you are looking for a reference that lies on 90°) you have to add 90° to the angle value).

Try it!
If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to directly contact me.

Bye Bye
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
rocorona wrote:
1. You need 4 hotspots when defining an angle in the 3D space, and only 3 on the 2D plane. the 4th define the "top" direction (positive Z axis).

Quite obvious if you think about it, I was wondering why it was saying the angle would be perpendicular, it all makes sense now in some obsucure way.

rocorona wrote:
2. Not sure. Did you try putting a ROT2 before the HOTSPOT2 group (followed by a DEL 1, of course) to conform your figures to those on the Coord Box ?

--Roberto--
Tried, didn't make any difference my users will just have to live with it. They will have the bench top to click on most of the time anyway. They are just going to love not having to go into the settining to change the angle, they can just pick up the back corner and put it in the correct place.