BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Stringers on stair symbol

R Muller
Enthusiast
The lower half of my stair is monolithic masonry construction, the upper half is wood framed with stringers. This shows correctly in 3D. How can I show (for the framing plan) or not show (for the floor plan) stair stringers on the floor plan? Right now the stair stringers show up on both stories no matter what I do.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
If your stair's floor plan display is set to use Model View Option settings, then you can change the settings globally (for all stairs) in the MVO settings.

Otherwise you can set the stair to not use MVO settings and you can change the settings for just that stair.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
R Muller
Enthusiast
Barry- Sorry I didn't see your reply right away- I didn't realize I needed to re-set my preference for e-mail response notifications. Thanks for your response.

After much experimentation with both the stair settings and model views, I discovered that the stringers were present but were covered up by the opaque background fill of the stair structure. I needed to set the Model view options to show the stringers and also set the fill background pen to transparent in Stair Settings/ Floor Plan display/ Grid and Structure/ Grid Component Settings. It also worked to leave the fill background opaque and use a graphic override to turn all background fills transparent.

My stair only has stringers for the upper half of it- the lower half is a monolithic masonry structure. Maybe this issue wouldn't have come up if the stair had only one type of structure. It's confusing because there are so many different places to set things. But I'm learning...
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
Learn and get certified!