BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Structural Grid

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to edit a structural grid? Once I place it, I can't seem to figure out how to adjust gridlines. Do I really have to go back and create a new one?? Seems likes tons of wasted time and effort.
4 REPLIES 4
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Assuming you are using the Grid Tool Goodie and creating the grid via the "Grid System", the entire grid is a Group of Grid Elements, so Suspend Groups and you can move the individual elements.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have not used it much, but if I'm not mistaken....once inserted....the actual lines are 2d (this should be easy to move around and/or edit). And the actual Grid numbering is a parametric object which should also be easy to edit.

One other possibility that might deny you the ability to edit your grid lines in some ways is the fact that once you insert the structural grid...it is by default, grouped together. Simply suspend groups under the tools tab to temporarily make them act as ungrouped elements.

Hope this helps.
Djordje
Ace
You have two tools for the grid: the Structural grid and the Grid system tool. The latter is great while and if it works (auto display in S/E for example, many options for most of the situations).

The latter is best edited after placing by selecting it with the grouping on and changing the parameters.

The former can be treated as any 2D set of lines and objects - usually, clever marquee stretching will do the trick. And redefining is not so horrible, come on
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips guys. I found the Grid add-on goodie and am messing around with that now. Are there anyother good sites to downlaod archicad add-ons from??
Learn and get certified!