Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Structural elements ID from grid

Ricardo Lopez
Enthusiast

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible for structural elements such as columns or beams to take their ID from the axes to which they belong so as not to have to do it manually.

Thank you.

Regards.

label-elements-by-grid.png
Arq. Ricardo López | projectser.com | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000
7 REPLIES 7
abdullahten
Participant

Interesting question , tried but no solutions so far..🙄

bimdo
Booster

Interesting question: three ideas

1. Maybe a workaround to do it with a function in the property-set. Create thre properties, the first one with A, B, C, D, the second one with 1, 2, 3, 4 and the third one is the function which is combining this two properties. With this workflow you could select all elements in one row.

2. If you only need it as an information in the plan, you could do it with a label, which you write in gdl.

3. Grasshopper

Actually your first solution can be labeled easily, as you can use properties as autotext in labels.

So while not fully automatic, it will cut the input time roughly in half.

It won't be the element ID though.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

yes, agree, if you need the information only in the plan, I prefer the second solution - fully automatic labels. If you need the information in an ifc, I wouldn't know a way to do that without python or grasshopper. Do you have an idea?

You can create a single property out of the two as a 'fake' element ID property and use IFC mapping maybe (?). Not sure how it would affect other elements.

https://helpcenter.Graphisoft.com/user-guide/77329/

When it comes to things like this, I generally bite the bullet and just fill out the IDs.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend

Not a direct solution, but have you looked at Element ID Manager? With no selected sort criteria and the unique option selected, the ID will be set in the order the elements (columns) are selected. Might speed up assigning values to a row if you have enough points to consider.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as WISH-12572)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer