Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Substracting from walls.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was trying to substrate the volume 1 from the blue walls but it is imposible. I could subtract that volume from the grey volume to make the frame, but when after that try to extract the same volume of the walls it seems impossible to me.
5 REPLIES 5
mikas
Expert
I believe it's a feature nowadays, not a bug:
SEO'S, INTERSECT PRIORITIES AND LAYER PRIORITIES
You need to cut with an element which has a higher priority construction material than the element you are cutting.

Maybe you would want to make a material just for SEO purposes, with a higher priority than any other material (like 999). Or cut with an object, there are no building materials for them, so they seem to (SEO) cut any other element they are intersecting.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Lingwisyer
Guru
I always keep my SOEs on a separate set of layers with an Intersection Group of 500-510. Don't have to worry about objects clipping each other like this.

Ling

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank, so its a matter of a higher intersection priority or not asign any building material.
Barry Kelly
Or as Ling said, place the operator in a layer with a different intersection priority number to the layer that the target is in.
Then you don't have to worry about building material strengths at all.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
You're hiding the operative most of the time anyway, so you may as well put it in an independent layer.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660