Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Surface material problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm designing a hotel on the archicad student version and have managed to get most thing done ok, however when I click on a wall or a column it only puts the surface material on one part or one side. Is there a way I can get the whole column or wall to be covered in the same material?

Quite new to this so hoping there is an easy way of solving this!

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm Assuming that when you say "I click on a wall or a column" you are using the surface painter, this is the way this tool is meant to work, if you want to replace the surface on a entire wall then, you should go to the wall dialog and change the surface override there (see pic) also for the column is true.

But just as a side note, depending on what you want to achieve it could be a good idea changing the wall composite with the material you need instead of painting it unless you are changing only the color, remember that a surface in Archicad is only how a material looks, and a material is a representation of a actual real material that has more properties that only how it looks.
2.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much - that worked!

I was on surface painter yes but it would only cover one area but now I know why.

Thanks again you've saved me a lot of time.