BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Switched from Mac to PC

Anonymous
Not applicable
With Mac it was always easy to have a plan view, a 3D view & a section open at the same time. Now that I have switched from Mac to PC I can't figure out how to have the 3 views open simultaneously. Is it possible on a PC? Thanks n advance!
12 REPLIES 12
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In the top right corner of the current window/tab, there is a 'Restore' button. Restore them down one by one and place them where you like.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't find the tab to restore window. Could you provide a screen shot?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I’m on the road right now, but it’s all explained on our blog at https://www.bim6x.com/blog/definitive-guide-tabs-archicad-19

Also as your ARCHICAD Reseller, you can always ask me questions directly via email!

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
Forum related -

Hi Jack,

Please update your signature via your Profile (text link to the left of "Log out" near top right of screen... it is still showing AC 17 on MacOS 10.8. Link's answer assumes you are on AC 20 or higher - but as your reseller, he would know. For the rest of us, please list the actual version of AC you are using and your OS (assuming Win 10 64 bit since you just switched)...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
We don't support people on ARCHICAD 17!

Just joking

Try this Jack...

Cheers,
Link.
Restore.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Link. That did it! Tiny little button! No mention of it in " Definitive Guide to Tabs in ARCHICAD 19". Couldn't have solved it without you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got the tabs working. However, I am using 2 screens and cannot drag a secondary tab from one screen to the other. What's wrong? Or is this how Windows works?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It is mentioned under Navigating Tabs:
Navigating Tabs.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
On a PC you can't drag windows outside the main ARCHICAD window. So you will need to extend your ARCHICAD window across both screens.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!