Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Switching to Layer Combination without my Say-So

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I for example edit the layer combinations and update a specific layer combination and hit ok, the 3d windows switches to that layer combination.

Why?

Is there any way to prevent this?
5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru
The only way to edit a Layer Combination is to make it active... so once you are done editing an alternative combination, you need to select your original again.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
You can do these changes in the Attribute Manager - without affecting the current active Layer Combination. More so in AC22 (with new editing abilities to Layers and Layer Combinations).
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Lingwisyer
Guru
James wrote:
Attribute Manager

That should have been really obvious... I have only ever thought of using it when I am needing to flick things between files or removing things...

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Maybe I am missing something obvious, but in Attribute Manager (ArchiCAD21 and before) I can't do anything other than renaming layer combination, not actually set visibilty, lock/unlock, intersection group of layers in layer combination. Can change those in the Layers panel, but that won't change a layer combination.

It is great for importing layer combinations from other projects / attribute files though!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just had a look around. In AC22, with the combined Layers / Layer Combination page, you can select a Layer Combination and the Layers change to match, which can then be modified. In AC21, between the two pages, I cannot find any way to select a Layer Combination to modify on the Layers page. The Layers page stays as which ever Layer Combination was active when the Attribute Manager was opened and the active Layer Combination becomes "Custom" when modifications are applied.

Ling.