Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Symbol Fill Creation and Hotspots

Can someone tell me what hotspots do when creating a symbol fill? I've looked in the online documentation and can't find an example of their role in making a fill?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
7 REPLIES 7
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think they define the 'boundary' of the rectangle of your symbol fill.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
I guess this would be a supplemental question. Is there a way to get a graphic override to engage or simulate the "Fit to Skin" effect of a Symbol Fill? I'm still trying to create fills that behave as lines for use in a GO that alters plans for a Fire Separation Diagram. These have to be graphic because the drawings cannot be printed in colour and that a simple pallet of vectorial poché overrides would likely be confusing to the Municipal Authority reviewing the documents.

I want to use GOs to avoid draughting poly lines over the walls.

Arghhhhhh.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,
I just saw the other day your other Fill that behaves like a line.
I also gave it a try, but like you I got no luck. The thing is that you need this fill to be "Fit to skin" and you can only define it inside BM. The GO only overrides the wall fills, not its BM. I think this one will go to the Wish Section. Perhaps a fill GO option with a "Fit to skin" option similar to the BM setting dialog. Like this:

Hey Braza,

That would be a BIG Wishlist item. I have no workaround for this as we cannot publish coloured drawings and a Grayscale ramp of values would never, ever work.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
I have no workaround for this as we cannot publish coloured drawings and a Grayscale ramp of values would never, ever work.
Yes. I have imagined it. So the only solution for now is the line/polyline way. How are you managing this? Placing individual lines one by one?
If so, I think you could at least streamline this process by:
1. While in plan, make a copy of all the walls with the same fire rating and drag it to a clear location;
2. Use the "Modify Wall Reference Line..." > Edit Reference Line > Center;
3. Set zero width to all of them;
4. Explode and group them;
5. Use the "Linework Consolidation..." command to eliminate overlapping and segmented lines;
6. Change the remain lines to the proper Symbol Line;
7. Finally, move it to the previous location over the original walls.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Braza. I appreciate all the responses, even if they're workarounds.

Sad face. Graphisoft?
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Podolsky
Ace